12/10/13

quote lover


i am a quote lover. 

i love reading quotes that make me stop and think "yes! that is so right." i write down quotes. i take pictures of quotes. i pin quotes. i blog about quotes. i sometimes even think in quotes. 

i don't think i could live without them.


“One thing’s for sure: if you decide to be courageous and sane, if you decide not to overspend or overcommit or overschedule, the healthy people in your life will respect those choices. And the unhealthy people in your life will freak out, because you’re making a choice they’re not currently free to make. Don’t for one second let that stop you. Either I can be here, fully here, my imperfect, messy, tired but wholly present self, or I can miss it- this moment, this conversation, this time around the table, whatever it is- because I’m trying, and failing, to be perfect, keep the house perfect, make the meal perfect, ensure the gift is perfect. But this season I’m not trying for perfect. I’m just trying to show up, every time, with honesty and attentiveness.”

Shauna Niequist ‘Bread & Wine’

2 comments:

Katelin Auden said...

Amen sista

coco said...

me too, girl, me too. that quote strikes home for me. thanks for sharing! xoxo